I have every sympathy for this guy after what he has been through and what happened to his friend, but trying to sue Warner Bros. for the movie’s ‘violent content’ is just fucking ridiculous and just another example of what I dislike about American culture.
This guy chose to go see the film, presumably he had some idea of the content from the previous two films, trailers, teasers etc. so don’t try acting like violence offends you when you’re at a midnight premiere, we know you love it.
Then to say “somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today”, how about people take responsibility for their own actions? I’ve watched a shit ton of films centred around murder or torture or random acts of violence, and I still haven’t become a rapist or gone out and killed anybody. But hey if I do, I’ll make sure to leave a list of all the films you can blame for making me a psychopath, incase anybody wants to sue…
Here is a list of people you can add to your dumbass lawsuit:
- The MPAA, for not demanding the ‘violent content’ be cut
- DC Comics and Bob Kane’s estate, created Batman, bad move
- Christian Bale, his voice is menacing, where is my gun?!
- The dude who invented the semi automatic rifle
- The dude who decided to sell a semi automatic rifle to James Holmes
- JAMES HOLMES. Because he killed your friend, above anyone shouldn’t you be suing him? Except, he likely has fuck all money and will either end up in Arkham Asylum or strapped to a chair…
Makes sense to go after the big bucks...